2011年6月7日 星期二

I used to be in the wine business

So light, so bright,The newest Ipod nano 5th is incontrovertibly a step up from last year's model, so fizzy -- it's wine candy



I used to be in the wine business, but I decided to make my fortune in the newspaper world. My brothers stayed in the wine business and became rich and, as you can see,We specialize in providing third party merchant account. I'm tearing them up writing for The Californian.

A couple of weeks ago my friend Rog brought to a party a long tall bottle of white wine called Broadbent, Vinho Verde (available at Imbibe Wine and Spirts Merchant for $10). It was almost clear, deserty dry and had a spritz to it.

Was this wine or sparkling water? I was ready to dismiss this water/wine until I had a glass.

The carbonation hit my tongue, bounced off mid-palate and then kissed the back of my throat like fairy dust and I thought, "Oh mama."

Where was this from? To steal a thought from a Kinks song, wine- making has become a crazy, mixed- up world, with California growing European and Southern American varietals and vice versa. This could have come from anywhere.

"It's from Portugal," Rog said.

Portugal? Spain would not have been surprising, but Portugal has never been a heavyweight in the wine wars unless you include Mateus for its seminal importance in many post-World War II romances.

I had a glass, then another. After two glasses, I felt like I hadn't had anything, so clear and light was this 9 percent-alcohol wine.

This was like wine candy, the liquid version of crack cocaine.Houston-based Quicksilver Resources said Friday it had reached pipeline deals There would be no peace in my soul until every ounce of Broadbent was gone.

"It's so light, it's like it doesn't count," I said.

Disclaimers, yes.Customized imprinted and promotional usb flash drives. The wine didn't count if you were drinking in the cozy confines of your home and didn't plan to drink more and then pile-drive your car into a pole. Is that sufficient?

Assuming that you had settled in for the evening, had a glass or two of the wine that didn't count, who could blame you for not adding it to the tally at the end of the night?

Wines that don't count. A new niche. It is similar to the diminished calories of a large chocolate chip cookie when eaten in small bites.

Friend Paul suggests other wines that don't count. Daisy Chain White (under $9) is a non-counter too. Wines that don't count are best enjoyed after spending some time in the freezer and becoming almost Popsicle-like.

"Costco has a wine called Crios," Paul said, lobbing another wine -- this one from Argentina -- in the how-could-you-count-this camp.

The Crios Rose comes highly recommended and how much can a rose count anyway? Cava, a sparkling wine from Spain (this is Spain's champagne), counts, but counts less than some diesel-thick Malbecs or head-spinning Zinfandels. Anything with carbonation doesn't count or, to be fair, you have to divide by two and subtract one.

As the summer approaches and red wines become untenable, then wines that don't count count even more. In the meantime,A glass bottle is a bottle created from glass. I recommend Cupcake Red Velvet Wine (California), Evodia, a Spanish red with a seductive grenache base, and Petite Petit, which is distinguished by dancing elephants on the label (of course, in respect for the family business of which I do not get a bent farthing, Martin Ray, Mark West and Castle Rock count too).

Some things count and some count less, but all in all, when we are talking about wine, they all count a lot.

沒有留言:

張貼留言