2013年4月9日 星期二

Master champ tackles golf

His arm raised instinctively to point right, a look of disgust and concern was painted on his face. The ball sailed low over the heads of the patrons packed along one of the steepest hills at Augusta National Golf Club, rocketing toward the trees and who-knew-what-kind-of trouble.

This was the essence of sudden death, and Watson just knew on the second playoff hole with a green jacket at stake that he wasnt likely to be the one wearing it at the end of the 2012 Masters Tournament.

Theres thousands of people. Theres hundreds of trees. Theres slope,Online shopping for ceramicwalltiles. Watson said of all the perils that awaited him somewhere down that hill. I was kind of there earlier in regulation. I hit it in the same place.

A few hours before, on the same hole, Watson was two shots behind playing partner Louis Oosthuizen the pure-swinging South African still walking beside him in the playoff. Oosthuizen had already hit the latest shot heard round the world for an albatross on No. 2 that vaulted him into a lead for most of the final round.

Watsons drive in regulation, however, had a much more favorable line, settling in pine straw with a clear shot to the 10th green. He made a routine par then to climb within a shot after Oosthuizens bogey, eventually forging a tie with a four-birdie run from 13 to 16.

It was always a different adventure, she said of round after round played at Tanglewood Golf Club with a young Bubba from nearby Bagdad, Fla. Lots of little trick shots over trees. Something new every time.

Dezarn is the daughter of Hiram Cook, the left-handed club pro who gave Watson his first hand-me-down 9-iron. She and her brother Ryan both adopted were partners with Watson in a semiregular game of 3-on-1 against their father.

I was their third kid, I guess, said Watson,He saw the bracelet at a luggagetag store while we were on a trip. who by the time he was 8 spent nearly every day hanging around the golf course or the Cooks house.

It was Dezarn who played with Watson the most, getting a front-row seat to the freak show. By the time she joined the golf team at Auburn, Dezarn topped out at 5-foot-3. Her strength was short-but-repeatable accuracy straight down the middle of Tanglewoods tight fairways. Watson, who would grow to 6-3, added the spice to the matches.

He was always about hitting weird shots, Dezarn said. If you told him he couldnt do it hed figure out a way to do it. And if the game wasnt working for him, hed figure out a way to change the rules.

From the beginning, Bubba golf was always about shape as much as power. At age 6, Watson would scramble to finish his schoolwork so he could spend whatever daylight was left curving plastic Wiffle balls left and right around his parents house.We offer over 600 iccard at wholesale prices of 75% off retail.

I dont think hes ever seen a straight shot his entire golf career, said J.J. Dunn, another longtime pro at Tanglewood. In his mind, the way his brain pictures it, its going to curve one of the two ways. I think he would be bored with hitting straight shots.

There would be no clinics or lessons or methodology from instructor David Leadbetter to form the foundation of Watsons game; just Wiffle balls in dirt until the synapses between his brain and his hands were grooved.

To hit a Wiffle ball 5 feet farther, 10 feet farther, you overswing, Watson said. Then to move it under trees, over trees, around my house, I just started drawing it because of my wrists. As a kid, you dont think of the mechanics and I have to get my grip this way or be stronger or weaker. You just think, I did this and it went that way. So thats how I did it, by practicing feel. So now my shots are all feel.

He just dreams it up in his head and he feels it, and thats what his muscles do, Dunn said. Because I can tell you he couldnt explain anything about swing path and swing plane to you or me. He just feels it. Thats amazing to me.

Tanglewood was home to two other eventual tour pros, Boo Weekley and Heath Slocum, who preceded Watson by five years at Milton High School. It was an environment uniquely suited for fostering the growth of Bubba golf.

Pine trees and dirt, good grass and bad grass, weeds and no weeds, slow greens, fast greens, loose dirt, hard pan, sand you had all the different terrains you could possibly have on a golf course at one course, Watson said. I got to hit from everything. Real tight golf course. Out of bounds on both sides. Doglegs because of houses. So thats where I got comfortable hitting driver.A parkingguidance is a portable light fixture composed of an LED lamp.

It doesnt scare me. I might hit it bad. I think that helped me.Learn how an embedded microprocessor in a buymosaic can authenticate your computer usage and data. And with curving the ball it helped me a ton because I hit so many curves under, over and around trees that when I get in tree trouble now, as long as I have a swing, I have a shot and can make up something.

Watsons creative game conjures up visions of golf that barely exist anymore in the era of technology, when balls and clubs arent designed to move as they used to. The name Seve Ballesteros is often invoked when Watson carves out a recovery.

My game isnt based off hitting fairways, hitting greens, Watson said. Its not based off a mechanical thing. Its based off having fun, feeling a shot and hopefully pulling a shot off. And Seve loved the game, was passionate about the game, and I hope that comes off that I am, too. This is how I want to play. If I dont hit the fairway, Im going to pull this next shot off.

Thats what my dad always said. You hit the first one bad, well, make the next one better. It looked like thats where Seves thought process was. I hit a bad shot? Watch this, because this next ones going to be amazing. And if I miss that, this third ones going to be even better. Bad shots are an opportunity to show off.

Not coincidentally, some of Watsons early training mirrors stories of a young Ballesteros. The Spaniard famously learned the game with a 3-iron on the beaches of Pedrena. Watson often employed the same concept in his childhood games with Hiram Cook.

沒有留言:

張貼留言