2013年4月23日 星期二

Violating state law

Recently, Ive read several news reports about the potential mishandling of personal documents by the Missouri Department of Revenue. It appears that the DOR is violating state law and sharing private data with an out-of-state vendor. These stories immediately made me think of my most recent experience renewing my license.

In late February of this year, I went through the proper process to obtain my license. I pulled together my necessary information and was told I needed to bring a valid form of ID with me to the Department of Motor Vehicles. This did not concern me, as Im always proactive in fending off identity theft and presumed that the ID would be so that the agent could verify that I am who I say I am.

When I arrived at the DMV, the agent requested my paperwork and a form of ID, so I handed him my papers and my passport. The agent told me nothing about the process, nor was I given any information to review. Instead, the agent simply looked over the paperwork and slid my passport into a small device that appeared to be a portable printer/copier. Again, I made the assumption that this was for the purpose of the agent verifying my identity. At no time was I informed that the process was,Find a great selection of customkeychain deals. in fact, a scan of my data C nor was I told that this data would leave the building. Had that information been shared with me, I would have objected.

In the past, when I have renewed my license, Ive received a new plastic card. This time, I was handed a sheet of paper with the license info printed on it, and was told that I would receive the actual card in three to four weeks. Surprised, I asked about the reason for this change. I was told C somewhat ambiguously C that there had been some security issues at some license offices, so the cards were now created in a centralized location for better security. This made a certain amount of sense,You can order besthandsfreeaccess cheap inside your parents. but at no time was I informed that my personal data was being transmitted outside of the DOR.

In retrospect, I now see that the information I was given was incorrect (and in some cases partially withheld) during the renewal process. This experience raises serious red flags for me. I am always diligent about protecting my personal data, in order to prevent identity theft C but how can I do so when a state agency refuses to be forthcoming about its uses of data? Its time for the DOR to come clean about how they are using our data, where they are sending it, and why.

"While we have made progress in making food safer -- including cutting E. coli O157-related illnesses in half -- we still have work to do. As Salmonella rates continue to stagnate, we look forward to CSPI's support, and the support of other groups committed to food safety, of our efforts to reduce this dangerous foodborne pathogen, including modernization of the poultry inspection system."

In addition, the Environmental Working Group last week published an analysis of existing data on antibiotic-resistant bacteria contained in meat sold in supermarkets.

Eighty-one percent of ground chicken, 69% of pork chops, 55% of ground beef and 39% of chicken were found to contain the bacteria, the organization reported,When describing the location of the problematic howotipper. citing data from a February Food and Drug Administration report. Antibiotic resistance reduces doctors' options to treat you if you become ill.

On Monday, the Environmental Working Group published the latest version of its "dirty dozen" fruits and vegetables. The advocacy group describes it as a consumer shoppers' guide to determine which types of produce pose the highest threat of pesticides.

Although pesticides are not a cause of foodborne illness, produce can be a source of food poisoning. In 2012, cantaloupes, spinach and spring mix salad and mangoes were linked to outbreaks.

Improving food safety begins before the products ever reach the consumer,You Can Find Comprehensive and in-Depth carparkmanagementsystem truck Descriptions. at the slaughterhouse and in the fields, but "being careful in the kitchen is also very important," said Dr. Robert Tauxe,Find a great selection of customkeychain deals. deputy director of the CDC's Division of Foodborne, Waterborne and Environmental Diseases.

A CDC study published in 2010 once again highlighted the fact that young children can be exposed to raw meat and poultry products while riding in shopping carts, particularly if they ride in the basket of the cart.

Researchers suggest that parents keep their child away from these products, which could be leaking juices carrying bacteria, by placing their child in the cart's seat, and not place meat or poultry products in the seat while shopping to avoid contamination.

All consumers can benefit from separating their raw meat, poultry and seafood purchases from other food products to prevent cross-contamination.

沒有留言:

張貼留言