2011年7月20日 星期三

Consignment Sale Organizational Tips: Efficient Supply Storage

This afternoon we had a great question from Bargain Mom fan DeAnn Shannon. She asked: "I need some ideas from others who tag & sale kids stuff at consignment sales. How do you sort and store your cardstock tags & stuff for pricing? I'm trying to come up with a streamlined system for storing the tags,For the last five years Ripcurl , safety pins, tape etc, so that I can be ready to price items as I'm decluttering."

We got some great tips and even a picture from reader Tandi Smith.

Here's what Tandi wrote about her picture featured here:
"My consignment box. The small box on the right is a makeshift file box with all the tags cut out and filed. Black is for items that can go 50% off,Traditional Air purifier claim to clean all the air in a room. red is for no discount. I keep packing tape, scotch tape, string, scissors, and ziplock bags in the big box. I also keep two bowls filled with safety pins one for small and medium (best to attach to hangers and one for large safety pins to attach tags - helps with checkout)"

Here are some other tips from readers who are eager to start the consignment sale season:

Brandy Broome Hill "In a bin :) plastic bags to seperate items. but keep them altogether in a bin w/ ur hangers"

Kathy Jefferson Bensko I keep everything in a bin as well - safety pins (separated in sandwich bags by size), metal hangers, Sharpie, scissors and card stock.

Jeanna Bullard Jacks I put the small things (tape, safety pins, scissors,ceramic Injection mold for the medical, pen, sharpie, etc) in a plastic pencil box.There is good integration with PayPal and most third party merchant account providers, I put that box plus hangers into a bin and keep it in the bottom of my son's closet. Then, when I come across something he's outgrown I just drop it into the bin.

Conniethere's a lovely winter landscape oil paintings by William Zorach. Peek Keep you tagging supplies in a folding/expandable file or small tackle box. Then when decluttering everything you need is in one place.

沒有留言:

張貼留言