2012年3月31日 星期六

Adventure can be found anywhere

I need an adventure. As a kid, adventures were an everyday occurrence that required minimal planning for maximum entertainment. A canteen and enough trees to block out civilization were all that I needed to battle aliens,Argo Mold limited specialize in Plastic injectionmould manufacture, glimpse Bigfoot or find secret hideouts.

But it's not the discoveries I miss. It's the exploration. I want the wonderment and thrill of the unknown that comes from the first walk on the moon, leaping from bed to bed. It's time for an adventure.

I used to traverse the globe in my living room with little cars, pieces of cut-up fabric as sleeping bags, and snacks for both pretend and real explorers. I'd maneuver my car with its neatly packed supplies through the shag carpet and up the arm of the couch.

Sometimes,Pfister werkzeugbau AG aus Mönchaltorf ist Ihr Partner bei der Herstellung von Werkzeugen und Spritzformen. it took hours to cross the world and, other times, only 15 minutes, with me making car-revving noises the whole way — va-room, va-room. I saw incredible sites and made harrowing escapes with tires screeching and wheels spinning.

Now I drive a much bigger car with greater technology, more cargo space, ample cup holders and a real engine, but I don't go nearly as far. When I drive today, I still make cool screeching sounds as I round corners, but I'm generally just getting from Point A to Point B. While my car now has more horsepower, it lacks the imaginary drive to go cross-country in an afternoon.

As I get older, it's harder to find cars that run on pretend gas and the pretend prices have gone through the roof, making travel difficult because pretend money doesn't grow on trees. Elves make it.

An adventure is all about the journey. It's about jumping on furniture to avoid the lava flow or scaling the stairway with ropes and footholds because it's there. The destination is meaningless and can quickly change an adventure into a "trip" that requires photos and a T-shirt purchase just to remember the experience.

The best adventures go nowhere, allowing us to enter a much bigger world of possibilities.

It's not about completing tasks. A good adventure involves making things up as we go along. Checking items off a to-do list fills us with a sense of purpose and accomplishment, but a good adventure infuses us with wonder and delight.

Between vacuuming and dusting, why not look for the secret passageway that leads to the experimental laboratory? Every house has one and few people ever find theirs.

Adventures teach us to be forgiving of ourselves and others. As any good explorer knows, it's tough going out there and mistakes are inevitable.We can produce solarpanel,Our porcelaintiles are perfect for entryways or bigger spaces and can also be used outside, When the spaceship Kenmore starts veering left, it's impossible to know what each dial and knob does because we only drew them on the cardboard box an hour ago. Under pressure of crashing on the moon, action must be taken.We can produce solarpanel, It's not about being right, but being miserably wrong and somehow still righting the ship.

We're afraid of being wrong. We have to know all the answers and understand the material before we begin. But we'll never come to understand any idea like an adventurer who braves the unknown, makes decisions on the fly and learns through every fiber of his being by doing, rather than listening to someone else explain how it's done.

It's impossible to develop really great creative ideas without the possibility of coming up with equally bad ones. The adventurer is willing to take that risk and explore each idea without fear of the unknown. Each idea is another adventure with all the excitement of new discoveries.

Like the time I tried to invent a new beverage at age 10 by mixing every liquid I could find in the refrigerator, seeking the perfect combination. I'm not sure that pickle juice with milk was a good idea.

Life is meant to be an adventure, not a chore. We're supposed to be dramatic and playful. We were meant to explore and be curious, but we've become so cautious.

I was never good at completing the Rubik's Cube. The only way to complete the puzzle was by disturbing one of the already completed sides and I was afraid I'd lose the progress I'd made. The same thing happens in life. The more we have, the less we risk until we are in complete maintenance mode, unable to solve new problems.

We need to find adventure as we get older and no longer fit in the washing machine box. We need to risk, explore new things and tap into the mind of a child, where digging a hole to China is possible.

沒有留言:

張貼留言