2013年8月26日 星期一

Kanye West shows off baby North

Kanye West has opened up about the first time he met girlfriend Kim Kardashian and instantly fell in love.The 'Jesus Walks' star sat down with his future mother-in-law Kris Jenner to tape an interview, which aired on her talk show Kris on Friday, and revealed it was love at first sight when he met her daughter."Im trying to remember if it was her being in the studio when she was Brandys assistant and I think she brought us in something to drink, something you cant drink on daytime television, or it might have been when I was doing Brandys video," he told Jenner."I remember asking my manager like, Whos that girl right there? and hes like, Oh you mean Kim?"

West proclaimed he knew Kardashian was "the one" and spent the next few years pursuing her, despite the fact they were both in other relationships - she romanced Reggie Bush and briefly wed basketball star Kris Humphries, while he dated model Amber Rose."I remember seeing pictures of her, I think she was in Australia with Paris Hilton, and reading her name and telling my friends like, Man, have you ever seen Kim Kardashian?"

West eventually cast her as Star Wars character Princess Leia in his failed TV pilot Alligator Boots, and finally plucked up the courage to speak to her one day on set."I remember I had this TV show that had puppets in it, like a modern day Jim Henson vibe, and we were doing this skit where I was playing, like, a Star Wars character and I wanted her to be Princess Leia because she was my dream girl.

"So she came to the show and I just remember being so nervous around her and so in awe that she was actually in front of me and we shot the scene and I was able to start talking to her and just speaking with her..The worlds most efficient and cost effective offshoremerchantaccount?. I was in love with her before I ever got to talk to her."

Kardashian and West have been together for over a year. In June, they welcomed their first child together, a daughter named North West.West showed a photo of his two-month-old daughter on Jenners show.West admitted that now he has a daughter he regrets his infamous stage invasion at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards.

He interrupted as Taylor Swift accepted her best female video prize,We offer the biggest collection of old masters that can be turned into hand painted cleanersydney on canvas. claiming the gong should have gone to Beyonce Knowles."Even at my lowest points, the last thing that I would want to happen to my daughter is some crazy drunk black guy in a leather shirt to come up and cut her off at an awards show," he said.

This saddens me, especially because the smell of mimeograph/ditto fluid returns me to the third grade with Miss Molly Mehagan, my teacher and first love. The way she handed me that slightly damp paper with the purply ink as she passed by my desk brings me right back to Crestview Elementary School. I can still smell those vaguely sweet chemicals filling my nostrils as I draw them in deeply.

I always thought we'd marry, Molly Mehagan and me, and we'd create our wedding invitations with ballpoint pens on carbon paper and make copies by running them through the inky rollers together. But I digress.

There are still those who love typewriters -- Tom Hanks uses one to write thank you notes, and recently waxed poetic about it in an essay in The New York Times. Prisons still use them -- most prisoners aren't allowed on the Internet -- and some famous writers say they write better when they can feel the letters hitting paper.

Cormac McCarthy wrote "The Road" on his Olivetti, and Stephen King's "Misery" would not be the same without the Royal that was missing the n,Are you still hesitating about where to buy paintingreproduction? t and e keys when he finished.

And it's hard to imagine Hemingway writing "The Old Man and the Sea" on anything but a battered 1940s Royal while standing at his upright desk in Havana with a bottle of gin and a cigar beside it.

Your IBM Selectric was the Cadillac of business typewriters. When it was introduced in 1961 the innovative type ball design revolutionized the industry and greatly increased the speed at which a skilled typist could take dictation or produce an invoice in triplicate.

Later Selectric models included features like the correction tape ribbon that eliminated the need for either Wite-Out or that opaque correctable, erasable paper.

I did some research to find a place to fix your Selectric, with some success. My smart aleck lawyer friend Tommy Strelka said, "I know a place. It's called the 1800s. I know a Doc Brown who can give you a ride in his DeLorean."

I stopped in at Roanoke Typewriter Sales on Campbell Avenue Southeast, beneath the Interstate 581 bridge. There I found proprietor Glenn Moore, 70, who was profiled in a 2010 story in this paper. I was probably lucky to catch him in the shop, as he spends more time doing commercial service calls than manning the store.

He sat at his desk by the window and told me stories of the boom years, which included fixing the machines in the formerly smoke-filled newsroom of The Roanoke Times & World-News, and we talked about how things have changed in the years since he started. He worries that kids today with mechanical minds who would have found decent paying jobs in textile and furniture factories are unable to find jobs that pay a living wage, and wonders who will fix things in the future.

Moore says that repairing typewriters isn't a huge part of his business anymore, though he does service all the machines in area funeral homes, which still use them for filing death certificates.

He says that your estimate of $200 is probably pretty accurate, since the guts of it must be taken apart and given a special bath and then put back together, which takes quite a while.

I'll post both Moore's phone number and the story by reporter Duncan Adams about him on the What's On Your Mind blog.New and used commercial plasticmoulds sales, rentals, and service. I know it's a lot of money to repair it, but part of me hopes you'll go for it so that your Selectric 3 will live a little while longer.Full color howotipperprinting and manufacturing services.
Read the full products at http://www.sdktapegroup.com/!

沒有留言:

張貼留言