2013年3月24日 星期日

First step in triathlon is the water

Being a good swimmer takes a lot of practice,The need for proper bestsmartcard inside your home is very important. but you dont have to be a collegiate level swimmer to successfully complete a triathlon.

The best way to gain confidence in the water is to actually get in the water and start swimming. Come to the pool prepared with a good pair of swim goggles (be prepared to pay $20 or more). As opposed to competitive swim goggles, triathlon goggles tend to be a little bigger to afford the wearer a wider field of view. Also, if you need them and if they will give you a boost of confidence, bring ear plugs and even a nose plug if you havent mastered the art of breathing out of your nose while swimming.

If it has been years since you have been in the pool, consider taking some lessons. If you are a tentative swimmer, just focus on being able to swim 500 yards without stopping using whatever stroke or combination of strokes works best for you.

I started swimming right after college as a way to rehab a sprained back. At the time I started, I couldnt swim the front crawl for even one length of the pool. I swam mostly side stroke and breast stroke. I slowly began to teach myself how to do the front crawl appropriately and within six months was fairly proficient.

My point is you dont have to do it all at once. Work your way up to it. If you are comfortable in the water, learn how to use training aids such as flippers, kick boards and paddles. These tools with help you work on small technique issues and help you to get faster. There are many good websites that can provide you with swim specific workouts to break up the monotony of swimming laps.

Keep in mind that, according to USA Triathlon rules, any stroke may be used during a race. This means if you never get very comfortable sticking your face in the water or if you have problems breathing while swimming, you still dont have a good excuse not to enter your first triathlon.

Thus far, I have been writing about swimming in pools with clear water and perfect visibility. However, the vast majority of triathlons in Iowa occur in lakes. That means that you will need to spend some time getting used to colder water with limited visibility.

Being comfortable swimming in open water before your race will go a long way to ensuring your success. Before my first triathlon, I went out to the Coralville reservoir and swam back and forth along the buoy line. I found the experience a little unnerving at first but I eventually got used to it and as I jumped into Lake Killdeer to start my first triathlon,The 3rd International Conference on custombobbleheads and Indoor Navigation. I was immensely glad that I had done it.Of all the equipment in the laundry the chinagembeadsfactory is one of the largest consumers of steam.

Getting jostled around will happen. If you dont want to mix it up, wait for 10 seconds or so after the gun goes off before starting your race. Alternatively, go to the outside. You may end up swimming a little more distance but being comfortable with your swim is more important that having your goggles knocked off or getting a belly full of lake water.

If you hit someone, dont worry about taking the time to apologize. We all know you didnt mean it. That being said, I do want to apologize to the guy I nailed squarely between the legs as I swam up behind him at Lake Geode last year. Im sure that wasnt a very pleasant experience.

Another issue you will face in a race is finding your way around the swim course. Most swim courses are triangular or out and back. There are no black lines painted on the bottom of the lake for you to follow. This means that you will need to learn to sight.

Before the start of each race, I get in the water and look for a landmark (a uniquely shaped tree, a house, etc.) that lines up with the buoy that marks the turn-around point. As I swim, I look up about every six strokes to make sure I am still in line with my landmark. Sometimes, if you get off course, it is helpful to take a few moments and pick a different stroke that will enable you to see where you are going until you get back on course.

If you get in trouble while on the swim course, there always are plenty of rescue boats around. As long as you did not use the boat to make forward progress, you may continue the swim once you are calm and ready to do so.

At the end of the swim, a lot of competitors are tempted to put their feet down as soon as they can and slog their way into the beach. Instead, swim as close to the beach as you can, stand up when you are in water that is about knee-deep and celebrate a successful swim.

With that, and 3 minutes and change on the clock in the Class 6A East Area consolation final, Kelsey McClures high school career ended in a much different way than she had designed it, denied a second consecutive state tournament trip in a year that they were, for a while, one of the favorites to play through Saturday and a championship matchup.

Suffocated in a box-and-one, the Muskogee High senior left with her only single-digit game of the year.The 3rd International Conference on custombobbleheads and Indoor Navigation.

Area coaches and media will remember her for her body of work and not her final minutes. The 5-foot-7 guard was voted as the Most Valuable Player on the 2012-13 All-Phoenix team after a season where she posted averages of 21.5 points, 2.5 steals, 2.5 assists and 4.8 rebounds.

The (championship) ring was something I wanted.We printers print with traceable indoortracking to optimize supply chain management. That didnt end well and to go out like I did really killed me, she said. I wanted to finish with something more but knowing people are saying about you, you did your part, you did your job, you didnt slack. Before I left, that was what I wanted to show.

沒有留言:

張貼留言